Terms and Conditions
Website usage terms and conditions
The term ‘Pendle Village’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Hollin Bank, Brierfield, Lancashire, BB9 5NG. Our company registration number is 12280978. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Carpet & Flooring Department terms and conditions
Thank you for placing your order with Pendle Village Carpets. This order is a legally binding contract and under this contract both parties have rights.
It is our responsibility to supply you with goods and services which meet your consumer rights. Specially ordered carpets, which are cut to the customer’s specific sizes, cannot be cancelled.
Customers are responsible for their own measurements unless we have visited and carried out our own survey.
Cancellation is not normally accepted unless we are in breach of contract. Under certain circumstances a credit note may be offered. If an order has been placed during a home visit the customer has a right to cancel the order within a 14 day cooling off period.
In the event of a refund being given cash can be refunded to the person named on the invoice but credit/debit card refunds can only be made to the card used for the purchase.
All goods remain the legal property of the company until paid for in full.
Pendle Village Carpets acts as representatives for independent self-employed fitters. We can arrange for one of our approved installers to fit your flooring. Any fitting charge is paid directly to the installer. Pendle Village Carpets guarantee any work carried out by installers booked through us.
Full payment of goods is required before they are released for delivery or installation.
All carpets should be installed on new underlay. Using old underlay can result in premature flattening of the carpet pile and premature wear.
During storage and transportation carpet pile can become flattened, creating shaded bands across the carpet. These will disappear as the carpet settles. Regular vacuum cleaning will help. If the bands do not disappear within a reasonable time scale, two to three weeks, then please contact Pendle Village Carpets.